Saturday, September 22, 2012

Rainy - then sunny - Chicago

Morning started out rainy and VERY cold and windy. My roommate Becky and I walked over to Caribou Coffee and had a light breakfast of coffee and an asiago bagel. A little while later Vicki and Jim joined us as we walked south on Michigan Avenue. We visited a Trek bike store where Vicki bought a computer/odometer for her bike. Jim went back to his room to watch football. The icy wind was too much for me, so I went back to the hotel

Ate a sandwich and read a little. Called my nephew Bill, and when he returned my call we made a plan to go to a Cuban restaurant. His wife Mika came along too. After we ate we walked to Millennium Park. I had never seen it, and was in awe of the photo waterfalls, "the bean", the stage and amphitheater for concerts, also the sculptures and boardwalk. The wind had died down, and the sky was blue.

At tonight's social hour everyone told the group a little about themselves, including "What was your best day on the bike." That was difficult to answer, because there are so many!

Tomorrow morning is supposed to get down to 39 degrees! We will start riding a little after 9:00.

Pictures to follow. I took several today, but am not having luck preparing them for uploading.


No comments:

Post a Comment