Thursday, October 18, 2012

Afterthoughts...



Tuesday, Oct. 16 - Ride leader Rich Gallo was driving the luggage vehicle back to New York City, so he offered to drive me as far as Indianapolis. We left Amarillo at 7:00 a.m., and drove as far as Marshall, Illinois, not far from the IL/IN state line. We passed by many of the same towns we had ridden through, and we talked about many of the sights we had seen in those towns.

Wednesday, Oct. 17 - Wednesday morning Rich dropped me off at a Starbucks, I-65 exit 130, near Lebanon, IN, a little northwest of Indy, and my nephew Danny drove down from Portage and picked me up. We were home in two hours.

Thursday, Oct. 18 - So now I’m in transition... my body is home trying to do the things I do at home, but my mind is still “out there, on the road, seeing new things, smelling freshly cut hay, talking to nice people, etc.” 

I’m so thankful that my body is feeling strong. This tour was a test for me - I wanted to see how my body would respond to so many back-to-back days of riding, and now I know - I could keep riding!

No comments:

Post a Comment