Thursday, October 4, 2012

Conway - Republic


Thursday, Oct. 4, Conway-Republic, 57 mi.
towns along the way: Niangua Junction, Marshfield, Strafford, Springfield.
  It was a very pleasant day, about 56 when we started, and warmed up to about 75. The first 4 or 5 miles were on uneven lanes due to resurfacing, then we had wonderful smooth black-top all the way to Marshfield.

new black-top road to Marshville

  That was the best part of the day. After that it was heavy traffic all the way to Republic. My knee was bothering me, Becky got way ahead of me, and so I rode by myself, slowly, babying my knee. Missed a turn during the last 10 miles, but I called Judy and she helped me find the way to the hotel.
   There were no restaurants within walking distance of the hotel tonight, so the leaders ordered in pizza, and we had a long social hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment