Friday, October 5, 2012

Republic - Carthage



Friday, Oct. 5, Republic-Carthage, 61 mi.
towns along the way: Billings, Halltown, Marionville, Paris Springs Junction, Heatonville, Albatross, Phelps, Rescue, Plew, Avilla, Maxville.
  Cold (lower 40‘s) and drizzly rainy this morning. Becky wasn’t comfortable riding in the rain so she rode in the luggage vehicle with Judy. I rode by myself. I stayed warm and dry, except my toes got a little cold. Because of the rain, I didn’t get my camera out to take pictures. The hills were more rolling today, and there were lots of farms, so it was a pretty ride despite the rain in your face! We rode highways all day, but the traffic was low, and what trucks there were were considerate and gave us room.
  At about the half way point was a gas station/convenience store, and it was wonderful to get in out of the rain for a cup of coffee to warm up.
   When I left the convenience store I mistakenly turned on highway 39 instead of highway 96. I rode about a mile or two and then I saw the “highway 39 north” sign and it dawned on me that I should be going west on highway 96.
  Tomorrow we ride through a small corner of Kansas, and on in to Oklahoma.

No comments:

Post a Comment